Academic program as per Rota including:
Journal Club (monthly)
Imaging sessions (monthly)
Long Case /Short Cases/Mini-CEX sessions (during ward rounds and weekly basis)
A range of clinical and academic services are provided in Medical ward
- Consultant ward rounds are conducted regularly on daily basis with updated professional teaching.
- Medical care services (both diagnostic and therapeutic) are provided to in-door patients admitted in medical A ward.
- Out-patient clinics in OPD
- Patient management in A&E department on take days
Patients are managed according to National and International guidelines. SOPs of common diseases are prepared by Head of the department andWritten as well as soft copies are available.
In Medical unit, we provide services to patients suffering from a variety of illnesses /diseases both emergency and stable, including:
- Neurological diseases like Stroke (ischemic & hemorrhagic),Meningitis (bacterial, tuberculous and viral), Epilepsy (including statusepilipticus),GuillainBarre Syndrome and Myastheniagravis etc.
- Gastro-intestinal and Hepato-biliary diseases like chronic liver disease and its complications (hepatic encephalopathy, variceal bleed, SBP, massive ascites and hepatomas); acute & chronic hepatitis (including CHB, CHC), Pancreatitis and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Hematological diseases like Aplastic anemia, iron deficiency anemia, hemolytic anemias, Leukemias, Immune thrombocytopenic purpura and hemophlias etc.
- Respiratory disease like, Asthma (including acute severe asthma/status asthmaticus), COPD (including acute exacerbation), Tuberculosis, etc.
- Cardiovascular diseases like acute heart failure/ pulmonary edema, hypertension, coronary artery disease (including ACS) etc.
- Endocrine disorders like Diabetes mellitus and its complications (diabetic ketoacidosis, hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state, hypoglycemia and diabetic foot), thyroid diseasesand adrenal diseases etc.
- Multisystem/Rheumatoligical diseases likeRheumatoid arthritis, SLE, scleroderma,Vasculitides andsarcoidosis etc.
- All types of infectious diseases including acute and chronic infections.
Following clinical procedures are performed when indicated:
- Lumbar Puncture (for CSF opening pressure, cytology and chemistry),
- Chest Tube Insertion,
- CVP lines,
- Pleural Biopsy,
- Liver Biopsy,
- Bone Marrow Aspiration
- IV cannulation, nasogastric intubation and urinary catheterization
- Blood transfusions
Meet Our Team
Medicine A Ward M/F: 2006
Medicine B Ward Male: 2236
Medicine B Ward Female: 2246
Medicine C Ward Male: 2238
Medicine C Ward Female: 2239
Medicine D Ward Male: 2003
Medicine D ward Female:2004